It’s not every day you get to meet someone who’s been to Buckingham Palace to receive an award from Her Majesty The Queen. But that’s what happened when Kevin recently interviewed Kelly Lovell.
Kelly’s life story is quite remarkable. After being bullied in school she started her own business at the age of 19 with the intention of helping other young people get a great start in life.
Kelly went on to earn numerous accolades, including the QEII Diamond Jubilee medal and being listed as one of Canada’s Top 100 Most Powerful Women.
But how did she do it? And what can you learn from her that might help you achieve your goals? That’s what this episode of The Unstoppable Teen Podcast is all about.
Click on the player above to listen now!
You will learn:
- What Kelly does to help young people to achieve their goals (3:38)
- How today’s youth generation are building careers in different ways to previous generations (5:20)
- Some of the obstacles Kelly had to overcome after starting her company when you was 19 years old (6:27)
- What to do if you’re getting bullied so it doesn’t stop you achieving your goals (9:34)
- Why it’s important to create a unique identity for yourself and stay true to your authentic self (12:26)
- Three powerful career principles that led to Kelly receiving an award from the Queen (17:27)
- How to discover your personal passions (19:21)
- Why being organized and spontaneous might seem like contradictions but are equally important (22:04)
- The importance of building positive relationships with people who can help you build your future career (24:34)
- Where you can find a mentor to help you (26:51)
- Four skills you need to develop if you want a fantastic future (29:56)
- Kelly’s fast round of favourites (32:03)
- Why we need more young leaders to help create a better world (37:07)
- How you can use Kelly’s new MyEffect website to make meaningful connections and celebrate your impact (39:17)
- Helpful advice for parents who want their teen’s to thrive (41:36)
- One big thing teachers can do to help teenagers achieve more (44:07)
- What Kelly believes it takes to be unstoppable (45:05)
How to connect with Kelly Lovell
Visit Kelly’s website:
Help us make a difference
Please share this episode with friends and family members who might be struggling with bullying or who want to build a successful career.
We’d love to know who you’d like Kevin to interview in the future? You can reach us via our social media channels or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for listening!